- City Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Mayor & Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Holiday Schedule
- Contact Us
Boil Water Advisory for Areas of Hwy 294 W. (W. Parker Street), Hemby Street and Jones Road - July 29, 2019
Public Notice to Boil Water Due to a main break in the area of West State Highway 294, Hemby Str... [more...]
Annual Consumer Confidence Report Now Available - June 20, 2019
2018 Consumer Confidence Report The City's annual water quality report is now online. Notices, a... [more...]
Election Day Unofficial Results - May 20, 2019
Official Election Results General Election May 4, 2019 Mayor: Jennifer McCoy Unopposed 108 Votes... [more...]
Open Records provides a mechanism for citizens to inspect or copy government records. It also provides for instances in which governmental bodies may elect to, or are required by law to, withhold government records from the public.
The City of Elkhart supports a transparent local government, and accepts written records requests by:
Mailing your request to City of Elkhart, Post Office Box 944, Elkhart, Texas 75839
Hand-delivering your request to City Hall, 110 West Parker, Elkhart, Texas 75839
Emailing your request to email@example.com
Duplicative and voluminous requests will prolong response time.
Requests will be addressed in the order in which they were received.
In order to ensure timely response to all requests, the City requests that each requestor provide contact information in their written request(s), including a telephone number where you can be reached. Staff is not required to research your contact information, and will communicate with you via the contact information provided by you in your records requests.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE REQUESTOR:
All people who request public information have the responsibility to:
- Submit a written request according to a governmental body’s reasonable procedures
- Include enough description and detail of the requested information so the governmental body can accurately identify and locate the requested items
- Cooperate with the governmental body’s reasonable requests to clarify the type or amount of information requested
- Respond promptly in writing to all written communications from the governmental body (including any written estimate of charges)
- Make a timely payment for all valid charges
- Keep all appointments for inspection of records or for pick-up of copies
At times, the City may seek an opinion from the Attorney General if the City believes the records requested to be confidential and/or not subject to public disclosure. We acknowledge that the process can be frustrating to the parties involved; however, it is important that the City upholds the law when handling sensitive records.
Finally, please note that the City is not required to answer questions in response to Open Records Requests. Any questions received in the form of a request for records will not be considered valid, as interrogatories do not fall within the scope of response requirements set forth by the Attorney General's Office.