- City Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Mayor & Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Holiday Schedule
- Contact Us
Boil Water Notice Rescinded - March 14, 2020
Boil Water Notice Rescinded March 14, 2020 On March 11, 2020, the Texas Commission on Environme... [more...]
Election Day Unofficial Results - May 20, 2019
Official Election Results General Election May 4, 2019 Mayor: Jennifer McCoy Unopposed 108 Votes... [more...]
County Judge has issued 2 new orders that go with his current declaration. The current declaration has been extended until no longer required.
Lastly, we do have 1 confirmed case in Anderson County. I do not have any info other than it is in the county (not in any of the “cities”) and it was travel related.
Recommendations from the Dept. of Health:
1. Alternative to hand sanitizer: soap and water
Follow these five steps every time.
Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
2. Alternative to disinfecting wipes: 4 teaspoons of bleach to 1 quart of water
Main symptoms of COVID-19:
Other symptoms that may be present are body aches, chills, and sore throat.
If you have any of the symptoms please do the following:
- Stay home: People who are mildly ill with COVID-19 are able to recover at home. Do not leave, except to get medical care. Do not visit public areas.
- Stay in touch with your doctor. Call before you get medical care. Be sure to get care if you feel worse or you think it is an emergency. Any shortness of breathe needs medical attention.
- Avoid public transportation: Avoid using public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis.
- Stay away from others: As much as possible, you should stay in a specific “sick room” and away from other people in your home. Use a separate bathroom, if available.
- Limit contact with pets & animals: You should restrict contact with pets and other animals, just like you would around other people.
- Although there have not been reports of pets or other animals becoming sick with COVID-19, it is still recommended that people with the virus limit contact with animals until more information is known.
- When possible, have another member of your household care for your animals while you are sick with COVID-19. If you must care for your pet or be around animals while you are sick, wash your hands before and after you interact with them.
- If you are sick: You should wear a facemask when you are around other people and before you enter a healthcare provider’s office.
- If you are caring for others: If the person who is sick is not able to wear a facemask (for example, because it causes trouble breathing), then people who live in the home should stay in a different room. When caregivers enter the room of the sick person, they should wear a facemask. Visitors, other than caregivers, are not recommended.
Mandatory Non-Essential Business Closure
April 3, 2020- Anderson County will be required to enforce Governor Abbott’s Executive Order Number GA-014 which will take effect...
EXECUTIVE ORDER FROM THE CITY OF ELKHART MAYOR
March, 19, 2020
Due to Governor Abbott’s executive order and Anderson County Judge Johnston’s disaster declaration, the City of Elkhart will be...
Boil Water Notice Rescinded
March 14, 2020
On March 11, 2020, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality required our public water system, City of Elkhart Water System, PWS ID TX001005, to...
City Hall recently had the pleasure of visiting with Jeffery Wilson, Jr.'s parents, where they were presented with an official proclamation declaring February 2, 2020 as Jeffery Wilson, Jr. Day....
Elkhart's Weldon Brooks signed his national letter of intent on February 5, 2020, to play football at Mesabi Range College in Minnesota.
Weldon, we at City Hall are super proud of you and excited...
Beginning October 1, 2019, City trash services will be provided by Ameri-Tex Services, Inc. You will continue to be billed through your water bill each month. However, there will be a few...
CITY OF ELKHART
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
2019-2020 FISCAL YEAR BUDGET
The City Council of the City of Elkhart, Texas, will conduct a Public Hearing, to be held at 6:00 P.M. on the 9th of...
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE August 4, 2019
HONORING THE VICTIMS OF THE TRAGEDIES IN EL PASO, TEXAS, AND DAYTON, OHIO
- - - - - - -
BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
The City of Elkhart is seeking bids for solid waste collection services. BIDS are due to the City Secretary no later than August 5, 2019. For more information, please click here.
CONGRATULATIONS RANGERS and ROCKIES!!
Rangers advance in 1st place (UNDEFEATED at district!).
Rockies never lost sight and snagged 2nd place!
State Tournament begins July 8th for both divisions-...
As the summer months approach, many of you will try to beat the heat by jumping into your swimming pools! Please remember to stop by City Hall for a copy of the City's leak adjustment policy...
Subscribe and receive news and alerts via email and text. You can also follow us on Facebook at The Elkhart Extra! There, you will find a positive message about our City, along with updates and...